This blog is for those who want to know about different topics at one place.
Saturday, April 5, 2014
10 Ways to Make Money from Home
Need some extra cash? There are dozens of legitimate work-from-home opportunities available, and many let you get started without paying a cent. Here are just a few easy ways you can make money from the comfort of home.
1. Sell your own arts and crafts projects Thousands are putting their creative skills to use and selling their artwork or craft projects online. You can join communities such asetsy.com to set up a storefront and start selling your latest works today.
2. Set up a home-based bakery If you enjoy baking and want to bake for special occasions, parties and local events, all you need is a food sales license to get started. (Check with your state's department of agriculture to learn more.) You can sell baked goods from home and work with local restaurants or catering companies to start building your client base.
3. Sell beauty products If you're a fan of Avon or Mary Kay products, consider becoming an independent rep for these beauty lines and make a commission on every sale. As an independent consultant, you also have the chance to host parties and social events to drum up sales.
4. Set up an eBay business Do you have access to wholesale merchandise? Consider setting up an eBay store to sell your products to a wide audience. You can create an online store and start selling within minutes; you only need some basic digital photography and Web skills to make a professional storefront.
5. Make money writing articles online You can write articles and get paid upfront from content publishers such as Associated Contentand Demand Studios. These sites are looking for articles on hundreds of topics including gardening, crafts, travel, shopping, business and more. Writing articles is an easy way to get paid for what you know.
6. Become a tutor Home-based tutoring services are looking for online tutors who have degrees or certificates in various subjects. If you have strong online communication skills and meet eligibility requirements, you can be a tutor for a K-12 student or college student who needs your help.
7. Maintain a blog Bloggers can make a steady income writing about virtually any topic of interest and earn money through advertising. Making money with a blog can take time, so you need to be dedicated to get any return on your investment. Still, the effort can be worth it, especially if you have specialized knowledge about a particular topic.
8. Sell gift baskets online You can own and operate your own gift basket business without having to buy inventory with Web sites such as egiftbaskets.com. Gift baskets are delivered through a drop-shipping company, and you make a commission on each sale.
9. Become a virtual assistant If you've ever been an administrative assistant in the offline world, transfer your skills online and do common tasks for clients. Web sites such as virtualassistant.org can help you get started.
10. Offer personal assistant services Do you know some busy business owners in the local area? Consider offering personal assistant services to take care of everyday tasks such as grocery shopping, picking up office supplies and running other errands. You can get paid per job, or by the hour.
When you get past the scams and track down the legitimate work-from-home opportunities, you can start making an income on your own schedule.